30 Sep FRENCH MACARON Recipe
This is the quintessential macaron recipe (NOT macaroon). These are like cloud cookie sandwiches and are delicious if done correctly. Fill it with your favorite flavor and enjoy.
- Recipe: Elle on Allrecipes
- 100 grams egg whites
- 50 grams white sugar
- 200 grams confectioners’ sugar
- 110 grams finely ground almonds
- Preheat oven to 285 degrees F (140 degrees C).
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat.
- Beat egg whites in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment until whites are foamy; beat in white sugar and continue beating until egg whites are glossy, fluffy, and hold soft peaks. Sift confectioners’ sugar and ground almonds in a separate bowl and quickly fold the almond mixture into the egg whites, about 30 strokes.
- Spoon a small amount of batter into a plastic bag with a small corner cut off and pipe a test disk of batter, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter, onto prepared baking sheet. If the disk of batter holds a peak instead of flattening immediately, gently fold the batter a few more times and retest.
- When batter is mixed enough to flatten immediately into an even disk, spoon into a pastry bag fitted with a plain round tip. Pipe the batter onto the baking sheet in rounds, leaving space between the disks. Let the piped cookies stand out at room temperature until they form a hard skin on top, about 1 hour.
- Bake cookies until set but not browned, about 10 minutes; let cookies cool completely before filling.